Amsterdam | Full time
Senior Project Manager
Good question. It would be interesting if we have a few things in common. So, let's talk about you. And us. Together.
We love what we do. That’s why we always go the extra mile and have a strong sense of responsibility. We tackle the tough stuff without ever taking ourselves too seriously. It's our real interest that moves us forward and motivates us to develop new ways of thinking.
When you work for us, we work for you. We want you to be confident, creative, and share our passion for excellence. And we aim to give you the power to succeed. We do this by making you feel welcome, supported, heard and safe in your working environment.
As senior project manager you will be part of the development team.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to the selection of the design and consultancy team
- Provide technical input during the design process in the design team and learn from top notch experts (i.e., interior designers, installation consultant, engineer, etc.)
- Supervise the creation of contract and specifications for the construction
- Request, tender and supervise the pricing of the various construction partners (architectural, E and W installations, facade, hull, finishing, etc.)
- Negotiate contracts and work on team building with construction partner(s)
- Coordination of co-contractors if we do not work with one responsible construction partner (main contractor)
- Support purchasing processes of the interior, operational equipment, loose and fixed inventory (FF&E and OS&E) during the construction phase
- Lead the construction team in the role of client
- Manage process as well as the costs and budget of the construction
- Monitor quality during the construction phase
At Aedes, we work in a team with two main disciplines for every project. Design and Execution. The design discipline is represented by a developer and execution discipline is represented by a project manager. These two disciplines work together from the start. The developer is responsible for the total development and is leading during the design phase up to and including permits. During the realization, the project manager is leading. The focus for the developer is therefore at the beginning and that of the project manager at the middle to the end of the project. Both remain involved throughout the entire process. Team effort between these two disciplines is therefore of the utmost importance.
You in a nutshell
- Are an ambitious project manager who is not afraid of complex projects
- Have excellent leadership skills and enjoy working in a team
- Have an HBO or WO education in a relevant structural engineering study (construction, civil engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Are hands on and have practical experience (minimum 7 years) in project management (monitoring quality, budget, planning) of non-residential construction projects. Preferably projects involving renovation and redevelopment of monumental buildings with a size of +10,000 m2 into multifunctional buildings with a very high level of finishings or hotels
- Have experience with design and engineering processes in the specification, construction preparation phase and in the construction phase up to and including delivery
- Have basic legal knowledge (contract law, building decree, etc.)
- Are structured and have a strong attention to detail
- Like to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table
- Hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Dutch
What’s in it for you?
- 40-hour work week
- Competitive salary
- Steep learning curve on high-profile projects
- Fun working atmosphere and fabulous team outings
- Healthy and fresh lunch. Great coffee
- Unlimited vacation days