An upcoming luxury boutique hotel and restaurant in the charming village of Durgerdam. Located just a stone’s throw away from the city center of Amsterdam (15 min), our unique lakeside hotel will have a restaurant in cooperation with a renowned Dutch chef, 14 beautifully designed rooms and various special features. We know that this isn’t a lot of information…but trust us…you want to be part of our opening team.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places wthat tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
Imagine getting on your (electric) bike and enjoying a great (15 minute) scenic ride to one of the most beautiful villages of the Netherlands. Once you arrive in Durgerdam, you prepare yourself for the day by having a nice cup of tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff). After your moment of ‘me-time’, you join your team for the daily briefing and let the day begin. You clean the rooms but also make sure they feel cozy. You lovingly make the bed and take extra pride in how perfect the bed looks with the tight and crisp bed sheets and fluffed pillows. You go on to ensure the public areas are also spot on clean. You come across a guest in the hallway and engage in some chit chat, they thank you for the best night rest they have had in the bed you made. After a day on your feet, you get ready to head home. Luckily the electric bike makes the ride back effortless.
You in a nutshell
- You bring your personality to work
- You like to go the extra mile for a smile
- You like to make things cozy and create a space where everyone feels welcome
- You are an eager beaver, always looking to discover something new
- You are hands-on understand that there is no ‘I’ in ‘team’
- You are quality oriented and have a strong attention to detail
- You hold sustainability and hospitality close to you your heart
- You are flexible and can adapt easily when needed
- Clean the hotel rooms
- Cleaning the public spaces and bathrooms
- Help in the laundry room with washing and ironing
- Making sure all safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Assist guests with housekeeping requests
- Preferably experience in a housekeeping role in a hotel; if not, we will train and support you to become the best
- Cleaning makes you happy
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Extended CLA’s
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work on a hotel and restaurant opening and to be part of a new brand
- Dynamic working environment
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
Like what you read? Let us know by sending a personal note and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org